Aside from being a stand-up and writer, Joey has also taught stand-up classes and has coached people in writing and stand-up. Here's an outline of what he offers!
- Types of comedy: The basic of performing and writing comedy
- How to write a joke
- Techniques of Stand Up Comics: Reverses, Beats, Tags, Call Backs
- Marketing your comedy product: Query letters, how to write a press release, head shots, sample material, what to charge.
Six-week course: Advanced Stand-Up Comedy/Comedy Writing Class
Contact Joey at
email@example.com to sign up for the next
- Class #1: An introduction to the business of performing and writing comedy. Open mikes, writing material for yourself or for others
- Class #2: Techniques of Stand Up Comedy: Tags, Call Backs, finding your style, know how to sell a joke
- Class #3: Types of jokes: Reverse, Rules of Three, Malapropos, Exaggerations
- Class #4: Writing current comedy: Radio disc jockeys, greeting cards, magazines
- Class #5: Marketing and networking: How to write a press release, When should you get head shots, Who needs material and how do you get it to them?
- Class #6: Comedy Writing Olympics: The class is broken up into groups and given exercises where they are judged. Final Q&A sessions, Graduation